Top 5 Immunity Booster Fruits and Benefits of Kiwi
Today, when everyone is living under the fear of coronavirus, strong immunity has become a vital part of our life. And when it comes to improving our immunity, fruits play an important role. Here, we have enlisted five fruits that can boost your immune system instantly.
Know About the Top 5 Immunity Booster Fruits
Let's have a look at the best five immunity boosters;
- Orange and other citrus fruits
- Oranges and other citrus fruits are exceptionally good for your health. They are known as the perfect pack of vitamin C - every variety of orange (fruits in the citrus family) have more than 100% of your recommended daily amount.
- According to medical sources, vitamin C not only boosts your immunity but also encourages the production of collagen, prevents cell damage, and even lowers the levels of cortisol. Making vitamin C-rich fruits like oranges a regular part of your life can help you treat several diseases.
- Like citrus fruits, grapefruits also contain a good amount of vitamin C. They also have a great quantity of fiber and vitamin A, which make your skin healthier. Grapefruits are low in calories but contain about 88 percent water which helps you stay hydrated in summer.
- However, be aware that this fruit contains a compound that can affect how your body absorbs the medications, especially statin-based medications. Let your healthcare provider or doctor know if you are eating grapefruits.
- Blueberries are low in calories and delicious to eat, and they contain a good amount of natural antihistamines. Blueberries help reduce inflammation and minimize symptoms like a runny nose in the cold season. When taken on a daily basis, they boost your general health and immune system.
- As you know already, apples are great natural sugars and fiber sources. You might not know that apples' skins have quercetin, a type of plant pigment flavonoid that boosts your immune system and reduces inflammation.
- As said, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! It is true when you eat apples with their peel and all phytonutrients.
- Pears are also known as immunity boosters because they contain a good amount of vitamin C. Apart from potassium and fiber, they also have anti-inflammatory flavonoids in their peels. So, whenever you eat pears, make sure you eat their skin as well.
Proven Health Benefits of Kiwi
Kiwi is a superfood known for its vibrant color and refreshing taste. Although Kiwi, like tropical fruit, is tiny, its health benefits are countless.
Here we have mentioned some proven health benefits of Kiwi;
- May promote healthy skin and hair: Kiwi is an excellent source of vitamin C, known to boost immunity and stimulate collagen synthesis. The high amount of vitamin C in kiwis can help keep your skin firm and promote strong strands.
- May support immunity: As earlier mentioned, Kiwi contain vitamin C as their primary content; they can help boost your immunity. Taking two small-size kiwis in a day can boost your immunity in a positive way. Since your body does not produce vitamin C, it is crucial to take them in foods and protect yourself from diseases.
- May promote good digestion: Kiwi is a good source of fiber essential for preventing constipation and keeping your body fit. Green Kiwi fruit especially has a natural digestive chemical called actinidin. This natural chemical can help break down protein and improve function at both intestinal and gastric levels.
- May help weight loss: Since Kiwi is low in calories and packed with digestive nutrients and fiber, it can help you lose weight. They contain 90 percent water which helps you stay hydrated as well.
- May help treat chronic diseases: As an antioxidant, vitamin C in Kiwi fruit can help fight free radicals in your body and support healthy aging. This helps in the treatment of chronic health conditions like heart disease or cancer.
- May help moms and babies: In the period of early development, folate is essential to help support the healthy growth of a baby's spine and brain. Kiwis are a good source of folate and make a delicious and nutritious snack option.
- May promote heart functioning: The Kiwi fruit has lower blood pressure properties. Kiwis help heart functioning by promoting maintaining blood pressure. Vitamin C, available in the kiwis, can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- May help in Asthma treatment: The abundance of vitamin C has been linked to the reduction of wheezing symptoms in asthma patients. This is especially true in teenagers or children, who seem to benefit the most from the consumption of kiwis.
The Bottom Line
Although a number of supplements and packed vitamins are available in the market, when it comes to getting natural and risk-free nutrients, fruits are the best. Fruits are healthy and helpful, but they are also delicious in taste. In this Covid situation, when a new strain is already in the air, boosting your immunity is necessary. Therefore, we recommend you put some vitamin C-rich fruits like oranges on your plate.
Kiwi is the best option to boost your immunity and give you excellent safety against chronic diseases. It contains vitamin C to boost your immunity, and water to keep you hydrated. Kiwis also take care of your skin and hair. Therefore, even when you are fit and fine, you should make Kiwi fruit a part of your food.