Showing all 3 results
Darvocet drug description
Darvocet is an opioid pain medication that works by binding opioid receptors in the brain and nervous system to reduce pain sensations in the body and treat moderate to severe pain.
Darvocet is also an effective treatment for opioid dependence.
Key Information of Darvocet
- It is a highly addictive drug and can cause trouble if used without consulting your physician.
- Using Darvocet might not be that safe for you if you are below 18 years of age.
- Darvocet can interfere with the body’s normal functioning; therefore, you may need certain medical tests while using Darvocet.
- It is advisable to keep track of your medicine and never share your medicine with anyone, especially those with a history of drug abuse or addiction.
- Abrupt withdrawal of the medicine can adversely affect your health; therefore, you should consult your doctor before leaving Darvocet. Your doctor will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- You can buy the medicine, provided that you bear an appropriate prescription from a doctor. It is because buying or selling without a proper prescription is strictly prohibited under the law, and authorities may hold you liable for some punishment if you do so.
- In addition to all other necessary precautions, you should avoid making medical errors and try to be consistent throughout the treatment.
What should you know before taking Darvocet?
Darvocet helps to activate opioid receptors in the brain and nervous system to treat moderate to severe pain and opioid dependence. However, to make treatment effective, you should take care of certain precautions while taking Darvocet. You should consider the following things before starting your treatment with Darvocet:
- You should avoid taking Darvocet if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar drugs.
- Taking Darvocet might be risky if you have the following health disorders or history thereof:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders (COPD) or other breathing disorders
- Liver disease
- Kidney disorders
- Head injuries
- Brain tumor
- Problems in the functioning of the gallbladder and pancreas
- Stomach disorders
- Mood or behavioral disorders
- Destructive and self detrimental behavior
- Mental illness
- Please don’t take Darvocet if you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- Expecting women and lactating mothers should avoid taking Darvocet; it can harm their child and make them dependent on the medicine.
- Using Darvocet during pregnancy can cause congenital disabilities to your child.
- Please consult your physician to learn more about the risks and benefits associated with Darvocet.
How to take Darvocet?
Darvocet is an opioid medication and is the first-choice treatment for pain and opioid dependence when other medicines don’t work well enough.
- However, it can adversely affect your health if taken inappropriately.
- You should take your medicine as prescribed by your doctor and follow all the necessary directions and instructions as given on the medicine or prescription label.
- We also advise you to tell your health expert if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition.
Darvocet dosage and Effects
Being an opioid medication, Darvocet is an effective and first-choice treatment for pain and certain other health disorders. But because of its addictive and habit-forming nature, it is advisable to consult your doctor for the correct and suitable Darvocet dosage.
- Your doctor will examine you thoroughly before prescribing you suitable Darvocet dosages. Doctors generally consider the following factors before prescribing you appropriate medicine dosages:
- Age of the patient
- Weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
The following are the usual Darvocet dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for treating pain
- For adults (18 years and above)
1 mg of the medicine after every four hours or as and when required
- For children (below 18 years)
Darvocet side effects
Using Darvocet can help you to treat musculoskeletal pain but can cause the following side effect:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the stomach
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
You should also stop taking Darvocet and seek emergency medical assistance ASAP if you experience the following health issues while taking medicine:
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Irregular heartbeats
- Pain in the chest
- Confusion or disorientation
- Mood swings and behavioral disorders
- Seizures or convulsions
- Ongoing nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the stomach
- Loss of appetite