Showing all 8 results
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone treats severe to mild pain. When no other drug performs well on the patient’s body, then Oxycodone is used. It comes under pain medicine.
- It has common to severe side effects and can cause death. Oxycodone attacks the central nervous system and relieves the pain.
- This drug comes as extended-release tablets or capsules. Do not use Oxycodone when you have pain for a short period.
- Oxycodone is a federally controlled drug. This drug comes in various dosage forms, including extended-release capsules, immediate-release tablets, solutions, and pills.
- Do not use this drug without a doctor’s prescription for a prolonged period. Oxycodone can make a patient physically dependent and can affect the body.
- Germany first made Oxycodone in 1916. This drug is one of the most popular drugs for pain relief.
Oxycodone comes under the black-box label. Black-box label products are those which has warnings and can cause drastic side effects to the body. Oxycodone can cause fatal consequences, and this can cause death in case of overdose.
- Do not accept this medicine without a doctor’s prescription. Follow the drugs and inform of any other allergic reactions in the body.
- Oxycodone can be dangerous if misused, abused, or diverted. This drug requires proper handling and care while on medication.
- Stop taking this medicine if you have a medical history of suffering from asthma or respiratory problems.
- Review and take pertinent information about this drug.
- Do not take this drug for a prolonged period. This drug can cause addiction.
Follow proper medications as described by the doctor.
How to take Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a federally controlled drug.
- This drug requires proper precautions and care while taking Oxycodone.
- Oxycodone treats mild to severe pain, so it will be better to avoid taking this medicine when you have mild discomfort or symptoms.
- Do not take this medicine while on any other medications that include lung disease, liver disease, kidney problem, hallucinations, and mental problems.
- Avoid taking this medicine if you have allergic reactions. Oxycodone can cause physical dependence that will cause side effects. It is an oral tablet. Oxycodone uses long-term to short-term treatment. Take this medicine directly from the mouth with a glass of water.
- Do not take a rest immediately after taking this medicine.
- Take this medicine with food or milk to avoid an upset stomach.
- When you are under medication for a prolonged period, this can make the patient’s body addicted.
The doctor prescribes the doses according to the parameters that include
- Medical history
- How the body responds
- The severity of the pain
- The treatment which is needed
For the patients who are not opioid-tolerant and treated for the first time, the initial dose in adults aged 18-65 years will range from 5mg to 15 mg for 4-6 hours daily.
- The dose will increase as the patient becomes tolerant of it, or the doctor will view how the patient reacts or responds to the medicine.
- Children aged between 0-18 years should avoid taking this medication to cause narcotic side effects. This drug can also cause withdrawal symptoms in children’s bodies.
- Do not give this medicine to the children without the doctor’s instructions.
- The initial dose of adults above 65 years of age requires proper monitoring and special care. In the initial phase of the treatment, the doctor will recommend fewer doses to the patients as the kidney problems in these patients are prevalent.
- The dose will not work or take longer that can affect the body because of kidney problems.
Oxycodone can cause severe problems to the body. The patients will have severe side effects and overdose symptoms. The overdose symptoms include
- Severe drowsiness
The severe impact of an overdose of this medicine can cause death—rescue patients with ventilation. Ventilation with or without oxygen is the better option for the patients.
- The patients suffering from overdose symptoms should immediately consult the doctor and contact their area’s Poison Helpline Number.
- Patients require artificial breathing. Do not take even one extra dose of this medicine as this will directly attack the brain and central nervous system that can cause death.
- The overdose of this medicine causes some unusual symptoms. In the initial phase, the patient will act normally, but soon, the patient will suffer from symptoms. Without close monitoring and observation, the patient can die.
What to avoid while using Oxycodone?
Avoid consuming alcohol; this can interact with the body. Oxycodone is sparingly soluble in water but not soluble in alcohol. The feature of this drug can cause serious side effects and fatal problems in the body.
- Avoid sharing this medicine with the person who is already addicted.
- Do not take this medicine without prescriptions. Strictly follow the rules of dose and intervals between two doses as prescribed by the doctor.
- Store at room temperature; avoid temperature and moisture.
- Oxycodone is required only for severe pain; avoid taking medicine if you suffer from severe or mild symptoms.
- The prolonged use of this medicine can make you physically dependent on the pill. Addiction to this drug can make the patient lose his thinking and how they feel.
- Do not stop this medicine suddenly, as the patient can have withdrawal symptoms.
Withdrawal symptoms can be some unusual symptoms. The symptoms can be hazardous to the body and can cause coma and death.
Oxycodone side effects
Oxycodone may not be suitable for you if you are allergic to this medicine. The allergic reactions include hives, swelling of the tongue, face, breathlessness, pinpoint pupils.
Some severe side effects that require medical treatments include
- Breathlessness or paused breathlessly
- Severe drowsiness
- Mental disorders like depression, anxiety
- Cold, clammy skin
- Unusual behaviour or thoughts
- Worsening tiredness
The list is incomplete. Contact the doctor immediately if you are suffering from severe side effects.
What other drugs interact with Oxycodone?
Oxycodone may not be suitable for you if you are allergic to these reactions or are under medications that include
- HIV/AIDS medicine
- Blood pressure
If you are already on medications or are suffering from any disease that includes
- Lung problems
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Medicines for mood relaxer
- Medicines for motion sickness
The list is incomplete. If you are suffering from medical history, then contact the doctor immediately.