Showing 1–12 of 14 results
OxyContin drug description
OxyContin is an opioid medication also referred to as a narcotic drug.
OxyContin treats severe pains when other medications do not help in pain relief. OxyContin treats to relieve the pain for a more extended period; it is an opioid analgesic-supplied tablet used for oral administration.
- It is an extended version of Oxycodone. Although Oxycodone is more addictive than OxyContin, using it unintentionally may have the risk of addiction.
- OxyContin has severe side effects and can also be addictive. It has an addictive behaviour that will make a person drug-addict.
- Prevent OxyContin if you have pain once in a while. Take medications as prescribed by the doctor in severe pain.
- It can be fatal for pregnant women as this can cause drastic drug-addict or withdrawal symptoms to the baby.
- It is advisable to take a low dosage of this medication till you know how your body reacts to this drug.
- Do not adjust the dose without consulting the doctor.
What to know before taking OxyContin?
- OxyContin reacts differently in a different body. If you have allergies while using this drug, stop using this drug immediately.
- If you have a bowel blockage or pancreatic ileus, it is advisable not to have this drug. Prevent taking This drug who have severe asthma or breathing problems.
- It is advisable to tell the doctor if you have any medical history or suffer from it. That includes
- Head injury
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Blood pressure problems
- Thyroid problems
- Convulsions or seizures
- A drug addict or alcohol addict
- Mental issues that include hallucinations
If you are already on any medication, tell your doctor about your illness.
How to take OxyContin?
Follow the instructions given by the doctor. Take medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take OxyContin regularly, even for moderate pain that occurs once in a while, as this will make you drug-addicted.
- OxyContin is not advisable to take by cutting or breaking it into powder as this can be dangerous and will cause breathing to stop. This medicine is possible only in the case when the treatment will release too fast. Swallow OxyContin if you have severe pain.
- Do not take OxyContin of higher dosage as you do not know how your body will react. Oxycontin is advisable to be taken according to the prescription and at a lower dosage.
- If you are not opioid-tolerant, that means you are not on constant medications; then it will be dangerous to take more than one tablet in a day of a higher dose.
- Avoid misuse, theft, and overdose of this medication. Keep OxyContin at a safe place.
- Store this drug at a place away from moisture and temperature.
- It is advisable to inform your doctor about your mental illness or any injuries, as any medications can cause severe interactions in your body.
- Consumption of alcohol, while you are on medication, can be fatal to your health. Drinking alcohol with the medicine is dangerous as it can cause accidents, falls, or any injuries while your body adversely responds to this medication.
Take OxyContin with or without food. You can take this drug after every 12 hours.
What to avoid while using OxyContin?
Avoid drinking alcohol or doing any hazardous work like driving when you start taking medications. The medications can cause dizziness and drowsiness in the body, and this can cause accidents or falls, or severe injury.
OxyContin side effects
OxyContin can cause severe breathing problems if used in the wrong way. OxyContin can cause
- Breathing problems
- Shallow breathing problems
- Feel faint, dizzy, confused
- Unusual symptoms can occur
Overdose of OxyContin can also cause serious side effects, and it can effect
- The central nervous system that can cause sleepiness, coma, or dizziness
- The patients who already have seizures can worsen this situation
- Can fluctuate blood pressure
- OxyContin is also referred to as a narcotic and can be addictive. You can be physically dependent on this drug. If you are stopping this drug, then you can suffer severe withdrawal symptoms that include
- Teary eyes
- Runny nose
- Back pain
- Muscles pain
- Increase in blood pressure and increase in the rate of a heartbeat.
Some common side effects include
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
The list is not complete. Seek immediate medical help for any symptoms.