Showing all 3 results
Lorcet drug description
Lorcet, the brand name of Hydrocodone, is a generic drug. Generic drugs are usually the drugs that are inexpensive and available near you. It is a mixture of medicine used to relieve moderate to severe pain. This medication treats only those who have severe or moderate pain. This medicine treats those in severe pain after injuries by accidents or in major surgery pain. This medicine works as pain relief in other severe pains like cancer pain or arthritis. It is an opioid medication and can make a habit or can be addictive.
- Take medicine exactly as the doctor prescribed. Misuse of opioid medications can cause addiction and can cause death.
- Store Lorcet in a place where others cannot find it.
- Consumption of liquor with opioid drugs can cause lethal side effects. If you are in any other treatment and usage of medications for any other treatment that can cause drowsiness and even slow down your breathing.
- It is advisable to tell your doctor if you are already on prescribed or non-prescribed medications.
- Taking Lorcet during pregnancy can cause fatal side effects to the newborn baby. The newborn will have specific withdrawal symptoms.
- If you have allergies like skin redness or rash that can cause blistering and peeling of your skin, stop taking Lorcet and call the doctor immediately.
- Never take medicine more than prescribed by the doctor. This medicine can lead to fatal side effects.
What to know before taking Lorcet?
Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to Lorcet or if you are suffering from
- Severe asthma
- Blockage in your stomach
Tell your doctor if you ever had a medical history like
- Kidney problem
- Breathing problem
- Sleep apnoea
- Problem with gallbladder, thyroid, or pancreas
Do not take medicine while you are pregnant, as your baby can get addicted to opioid medication, and this will affect the baby and will require treatment for several weeks. The withdrawal symptoms can be fatal. Take precautions while taking medication during breastfeeding or consult your doctor if you have severe drowsiness or slow breathing during nursing.
How should I take Lorcet?
- Take medications exactly as prescribed by a doctor. Do not take any extra tablets as it can result in serious side effects.
- An overdose can also cause death. Lorcet is an addictive medication. If you have urges to take more medicine, then inform your doctor.
- It is advisable not to take medicine with a person who has a history of drug addiction. Misuse of this drug or overdose can create severe consequences in your body.
- If you are already in medical treatment, consult the doctor—store Lorcet at room temperature, away from temperature and moisture. Keep track of your medicine.
- Do not keep leftover medicines. Ask your pharmacist to take back the leftover medicine for disposal.
- Lorcet comes under an extended-release capsule and extended-release tablet. It is advisable not to stop taking medicine without consultation with the doctor.
The doctor recommends a dose according to the severity of the pain ad how it reacts to the patient’s body. The tolerance level of the Lorcet can develop with the continuous use of this tablet. It is advisable to take this medicine in four to six hours. The tablet dosage should not exceed six tablets.
- Seek immediate emergency help or call the Poison helpline number at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of this medicine can cause fatal side effects and also cause death. Overdose symptoms include sweating, severe drowsiness, pinpoint pupils, slow breathing, or no breathing.
- The doctor may recommend naloxone if you stop breathing for a while or may not wake up.
Naloxone is available in any pharmacy.
What to avoid while using Lorcet?
- While using Lorcet, you may feel dizzy or drowsy, so avoid driving; otherwise, it may cause serious accidents or falls.
- Consumption of alcohol can be hazardous for your health while you are on medication.
- If you are already on medication, consult a doctor as several medicines can interact dangerously with Lorcet.
Lorcet side effects
- If you are allergic to certain medications, contact the doctor immediately. Allergic symptoms can be hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- If you have severe skin redness or rash that can cause blistering or peeling. Call the doctor immediately. Lorcet can have specific side effects. That includes
- Noisy breathing or breathing disorder or paused breathing
- Liver disorder
- The light-headed feeling can also be one of the symptoms where a person feels like they might pass out.
- Low appetite
Common side effects also include
If you have any side effects, it is advisable to contact your doctor immediately.
What drugs can interact with Lorcet?
If you have just started taking opioid medication, you will have specific symptoms, or during withdrawal, you will be suffering from many withdrawal symptoms. Consult the doctor if you are already on medication that includes antibiotics, antiallergic, diabetes, seizure medication, blood pressure medication, HIV/AIDS medication. Some medications can interact with Lorcet in a hazardous manner. That includes
- Cold/fever medication
- Medication for motion sickness
- Sedative like Valium
- Sleeping pills or medicines for sleep disorder.
- Cure of depression, Parkinson’s disease, migraine headaches, or severe other illnesses.