Showing all 3 results
Soma drug description
Soma is a muscle relaxer that blocks pain sensation between the nerves and the brain. Soma is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat skeletal muscle conditions. It is known if soma is safe and effective in children younger than 16 years old. Soma is not recommended for geriatric patients.
The recommended dose of the SOMA is 250mg to 350mg three times a day and at bedtime. The recommended maximum duration of SOMA use is up to two or three weeks.
- It is a little bit soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol in chloroform, and in acetone and its solubility is practically independent of ph. Carisoprodol is present as a racemic mixture.
What to know before taking Soma
You should not use Soma if you are allergic to carisoprodol or meprobamate, or if you have:
- Porphyria (genetic enzyme disorder that causes symptoms affecting the skin or nervous system )
Ask your doctor if you have had this before
- Liver diseases
- Kidney diseases
- A seizure
This may harm the infant child or unborn child because this medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause drowsiness in a nursing baby. Ask your doctor if your breastfeeder
- It is not approved for use by anyone younger than 16 years old.
How to take Soma
- Soma is may be used alone or with other medicine.
- Some belong to a class of drugs called skeleton muscle and relaxation.
- It is not known if soma is safe and effective in children younger than 16 years old. Soma is not recommended for geriatric patients.
- The doses are based on your medical condition and response to treatment .this medicine should only be used for a short term less than three weeks or till that day under the guidance of your doctor. If you suddenly stop using this medicine you may have withdrawal symptoms such as stomach cramps trouble sleeping headache nausea. To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your doses. Tell your doctor right away if you have withdrawal. Soma should be taken only 2 or 3 weeks. This is part of a complete course of treatment that may also include rest, physical therapy, or other pain relief measures. Follow your doctor’s instructions. Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep track of your medicine.
Usuals Adult Doses for muscle spasms:
250mg to 350mg orally 3 times a day and at bedtime
Duration of therapy: Up to 2 to 3 weeks.
These drugs are used for the short term as there is inadequate evidence of effectiveness for more prolonged use and acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions are generally of short duration.
For the relief of discomfort associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
- If the overdose of these drugs happens, seek emergency medical attention. Remember that if you take these drugs with alcohol or with other drugs that can slow your breathing.
- Overdose symptoms include vision problem ,confusion, hallucination ,muscle stiffness ,loss of coordination ,weak or shallow breathing ,fainting , seizure, or coma .
Soma side effect
There are certain signs of an allergic reaction to the Soma hives, difficult breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Immediately stop the uses of Soma and consult your doctor at once if you have :
- A seizure
- High level of serotonin in the body-
Agitation ,hallucinations, fever, sweating, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Common Soma side effects may include:
- Dizziness or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What drugs can interact with Soma
These medications may interact and cause very harmful effects.
- Selected muscle relaxants methadone
- Muscle relaxants/ opioids
- Agents that may cause respiratory depression sodium oxybate.