Showing all 2 results
Subutex drug description
Subutex is a sublingual tablet. This tablet is part of the social, medical, and psychological aspects of a patient’s treatment.
It is an uncoated white tablet used for opioid use disorder, acute pain, and chronic pain. Subutex is also called Buprenorphine. Subutex is a part of a mixed opioid agonist-antagonist. It is a part of the complete medical treatment plan that includes counseling, treatment, monitoring, behavior changes, lifestyle changes. This drug helps the patients to reduce or overcome the opioid addiction which they are suffering.
Subutex has an active ingredient named Buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is a substitute for various other drugs that include heroin, morphine.
Follow the prescriptions by the doctor strictly. Take appropriate precautions to avoid misuse, abuse, diversion, and protection from theft. Avoid misuse of the drug because it can be fatal causing side effects and death. Precautions are to be taken by the patients who are having severe illnesses or injuries. Take precautions if you are under any other treatment as the drugs used in the treatment can easily interact with other drugs and can be fatal to the body.
- Take medications as prescribed by the doctor; overdose of the drug can cause fatal side effects.
- You might feel uneasy or uncomfortable on the first days of your medications. Do not get tempted by the triggers in your body. Do not take more Subutex due to triggers.
- It is essential to be in contact with the doctor for daily reviews. The doctor asks for the urine sample for regular observation.
- There are many other brands of the same ingredients in the pharmacy. Please collect the exact brand and the prescription as given by the doctor.
- Consumption of alcohol or any street drugs can have unwanted effects on the body.
- If you are going for another treatment or surgery, tell the specific doctor about the consumption of the SUBUTEX.
- Do not keep unwanted or out-of-date medicines. Take that medicine to the pharmacist for disposal.
- If you have any problem or are facing any symptoms, directly contact the doctor or call for emergency help.
What to know before taking Subutex?
Subutex may not be suitable for you. Before taking medicine, inform the doctor if you’ve ever had:
- Lung diseases
- Breathing problems
- Kidney problem
- Depression or mental illness that includes hallucinations
- Pancreatic disease
- Liver problems
- Head injuries
- Gallbladder problem
- A drug addict or alcoholic
- Urination problem
Suppose, you are pregnant or trying to be pregnant- It is better to tell the doctor because this can cause fatal effects to the baby. Baby after delivery will require treatment for several weeks to overcome withdrawal symptoms.
- Suppose you are a breastfeeding patient. Take proper precautions and give special attention if the baby is suffering from breathing problems or dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if any medicines you are taking can interact with Subutex and cause fatal side effects. Sometimes some drugs interact with the body and cause adverse effects to the body.
How to take Subutex?
Take Subutex as prescribed by the doctor. Follow the prescriptions and take the same amount of dosage as written. Avoid taking Subutex without doctor’s prescriptions.
- Avoid Subutex for usual pain. Take this medicine when having severe pain.
- If a doctor gives you two tablets, ask for a proper prescription and instructions to follow. Without education, this medicine will cause side effects to the body if taken in the wrong way.
- You should keep the tablet under the tongue so that the tablet can dissolve completely. Do not swallow or break it; taking medicine like this will not affect your body and be worthless.
- If you are prescribed more than one tablet for the day, keep both tablets under your tongue and dissolve them completely.
- If you missed one dose, then take the dose when you remember it. If it is almost time for another dose, do not take it with the regular one. Take only one amount at a dose. Two doses will cause-effect to the body parts.
- Do not stop taking Subutex suddenly, as this will cause many withdrawal symptoms.
- Subutex works best in the first dose. Subutex would cause significant withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking this medicine suddenly. It is better to consult the doctor.
- You should not share these medicines with a person who had a history of drug-addict. Use your dry hand to place medication under your tongue.
- Check your blood pressure regularly to keep check how the liver is functioning.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and temperature. Please keep track of your medicines and keep them away from the children. This drug is fatal for children.
Subutex side effects
Get emergency medical help if you are facing any severe side effects or allergies due to Subutex. Subutex allergies include hives, swelling of the face, body, tongue, throat.
Some severe side effects include
- Liver problems
- Breathing problems
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
The list is not complete. If you are suffering severe side effects, contact the doctor immediately.
“What drugs can interact with the body”?
- Tell the doctor if you are suffering from any medical problems or allergies. Suppose you are under treatment for diabetes, blood pressure, HIV/AIDS, antifungals, antibiotics.
Subutex can interact with the body and can cause serious side effects or death. If you are getting medicine for:
- Depression or any mental treatment
- A sedative like valium
- Medications for sleep like sleeping pills
The list is not complete; however, contact the doctor immediately if you have any medical treatment.