Showing all 3 results
What is Roxicodone
Roxicodone is an opioid pain medication sometimes called a narcotic.
This medicine is used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is also used to manage pain when other treatments like non-opioid pain medicines are unable to control the pain or you cannot tolerate the alternate treatment .
- Roxicodone is supplied as an immediate release tablet and is available in 5mg, 15mg, and 30mg, strength
- Roxicodone contains oxycodone , a schedule II controlled substances.Roxicodone exposes the users to the risk of addiction ,abuse and misuse . The risk of addiction in any individuals is unknown; it can occur in any patients appropriately prescribed ROXICODONE.
What to know before taking Roxicodone
- Avoid eating grapefruits or the juice of the grapefruits during the use of this medicine until your doctor or pharmacist allows it safely because grapefruits can increase the chances of the side effect.
- Ask your doctor about using this Roxicodone safely with other drugs or not.
- These drugs make you unsteady . Do not drive any machinery or anything that need the active mind or alertness . Avoid alcoholic beverages .
How to take Roxicodone
1. Take this only by mouth as guidance under your doctor .
2. Swallow this medication with a whole quantity of water.
3. Pain medications work best if they are used when the first signs of pain occur.
4. The quantity or dosage of the medicine on your medical conditions to take the advice from your doctor
5. If you are taking the concentrated solution,your doctor may tell you to mix the medication needed in a small amount of juice or semi liquid food like pudding .
6. If you are feeling the tube , the extended -release capsule contents can be poured in the tube. Take advice on how you should take the medication and then follow the directions which are given by your doctors.
- Each tablet contains 5mg,15mg,30mg of Roxicodne hydrochloride USP.It contains white ,odorless crystalline powder derived from the opium alkaloid,thebaine .It dissolves with water (1 g- 7ml) and is considered slightly soluble in alcohol .
- The 5mg of Roxicidone tablet contains inactive ingredients,and the 15mg and 30 mg of the tablet contain the following microcrystalline cellulose .sodium scratch acid, D & C Yellow.
- Roxicidone dosage is calculated for the management of moderate to severe pain in patients who require treatment with an oral opioid analgesia. The dose must be individually adjusted according to severity of pain patients response and patients ,if the analgesia is not in adequate amount or in tolerance causes or increase in dosage may be required.
- For the control of the patient’s chronic pain Roxicodone should be administered on a regular basis every 4-6 hours at the lowest quantity level that will achieve adequate analgesia .
Roxicodone Side Effect
- There are various side effects. There are the following like.
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation , dizziness or lightheadedness .Some of the side effects can decrease after you have been using this medicine for a while.
- To prevent constipation eat dietary fiber ,drink enough water and exercise . You may need to take a laxative that is right for you .
What drugs can interact with Roxicodone
- Antibiotics such as rifampin ,rifabutin, or rifapentine .If you take these drugs with roxicodone ,your doctor can monitor you more often
- Anticonvulsants such as carbamazepine and phenytoin. If they take these drugs with the roxicodone.