Showing all 3 results
Vardenafil hydrochloride or just Vardenafil comes under the class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors. These drugs are generic drugs that are affordable to patients who are in need.
The brand name of Vardenafil is Levitra. You can buy this drug under the brand name or generic drug. This drug is approved under FDA to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Levitra relaxes blood vessels around the muscles and increases the blood flow of these.
- It works to increase the blood flow around the penis that can easily help in the erection of the penis.
- Levitra can cause a serious decrease in blood pressure if taking with certain other medications.
- It is not advisable to take Levitra if you are taking nitrate drugs such as nitroglycerin.
- Nitrate drugs for heart problems or chest diseases and zone recreational drugs like poppers can also cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure.
- If Levitra caused sudden visionless then contact emergency medical help immediately.
- Taking Levitra can give erection to the penis but if it lasts longer than 4 hours then it can damage the penis. Call for medical help if this happens while on medication.
- You can have serious side effects while you are in sexual activity like pain, numbness, tingling in the arms, chest, neck, or jaw. This can serious problems to your health.
For any side effects or allergic effects contact the doctor right away.
What to know before taking Levitra?
- Levitra should not be taken by men younger than 18 years of age as it can cause damage to the penis.
- If you are allergic to Levitra or you are on prior medication for pulmonary arterial hypertension, then avoid the use of Levitra.
- Taking Levitra with nitrate drugs can cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure which can cause serious problems in your body.
- Before taking Levitra it is advisable to tell your medical history to the doctor.
“If you ever had”
- Heart disease, heart stroke
- Lung or kidney problems
- Heart rhythm problems
- Hearing or vision problem
- Blood cell disorder like sickle cell or leukemia
- Physical disformity of the penis
- Eye disorder
- Doctor ever told not to do sexual discourse due to certain issues
Levitra can also cause decreased blood in the eye which can cause vision loss. Although, the loss of vision due to Levitra is still unknown. However, it is not advisable for those who are the age of 50 years or above or having blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, or any prior eye problems.
- Levitra is not for women so it will be advisable for women to not take Levitra during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
How to take Levitra?
- Levitra should be at room temperature away from moisture and temperature.
“Follow the prescription exactly given by the doctors”. Read all medication guide given by the doctors.
- Take medicine before 60 minutes of sexual activity. If an erection lasts longer than 4 hours contact the doctor immediately.
- If you are already on any medication or have any certain heart problems contact your doctors when you last took Levitra.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Levitra side effects
If you are allergic to Levitra get emergency medical help. The signs of allergy can be hives, breathing problems, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Levitra immediately if you have certain signs of:-
- Heart attacks like constant chest pain or pressure around it, nausea, sweating.
- Sudden loss of vision
- Erection of penis for more than 4 hours.
“Call for medical help if you are having”
- Ringing in your ears, or
- Sudden hearing loss;
- Irregular heartbeat;
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- Shortness of breath
Common side effects include warmth, redness, stuffy nose, headache, dizziness, upset stomach, and back pain.